On Sunday 15 October 2017, the National Council of Sports Flagged Off a Team to represent Uganda at the 3rd CANA Zone III Swimming Championships due from 19 -21 October 2017 in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. The Uganda Delegation comprises the following -
1) Avice MEYA (Team Captain)
2) Chiara Nasamba KAGUGUBE
3) Diana OTHIENO
4) Hannat NAKIMULI
5) Kirabo NAMUTEBI
6) Mercedes Amani MWEBEIHA
7) Rachael Sarah GALINDA
8) Zara Nampewo NSUBUGA
9) Adnan KABUYE
10) Alvin EMITU
11) Ben KAGANDA
12) Darren SSAMULA (Asst. Team Capt.)
13) Franchesco KAGUGUBE
14) Peter MBABAZI
15) Samora LUMONYA
16) Samora BYANSI
17) Tendo MUKALAZI
1) Dr. Donald RUKARE, President
2) Mr. Moses B. MWASE, SG/CDM
3) Mr. Tonnie KASUJJA, Team Coach
4) Mr. Max KANYEREZI, Competitions Secretary
5) Ms. Liz KABAHENDA, Asst. Competitions Secretary
6) Mr. Williams BUYONDO, Official
7) Mr. Michael OBOTE, Official
8) Ms. Aisha NAKATO, Media Liaison
9) Ms. Aisha NASSANGA, Media Liaison
10) Mr. Bruno Kintu KIYIMBA, Media Liaison
11) Mr. Johnson WERE, Media Liaison
12) Mr. Makhtum MUZIRANSA, Media Liaison
13) 4 Chaperones/parents
7th - 8th October 2017
Kampala International School
The USF joined other FINA National Federations in the celebration of the 1st FINA World Aquatics Day. Where's most of the celebrations were conducted in July 2017 to coincide with FINA founding (July 1908), the USF preferred to conduct the Event after Budapest2017 FINA Worlds, thus the 12 August 2017 date.
The Celebrations were marked by -
- Engaging with the General Public at Gaba Landing Site and Market to create awareness about dangers of the lake and first aid;
- Marching through Kansanga to Rainbow International School as part of the Celebrations
- Exhibition Events and Fun Activities at Rainbow International School.
The Event was graced by Mr. William F. BLICK, President Uganda Olympic Committee as Chief Guest, Mrs. Drashna KOTECHA, Director Midland Group, Mr. Lewis JASON, Principal Rainbow International School, Dr. Donald RUKARE, USF President/FINA & CANA Bureau Member, national athletes, members of the USF Executive, volunteers, and the general public.
USF expects this to be an annual Calendar Event, which will be used by FINA to continue showcasing the importance of Aquatics and to encourage mass participation in Swimming and other aquatic disciplines, as part of FINA's Swim-For-All Program.
The USF thanks FINA for sponsoring the Event and all the participants that made it worthwhile.
Dear Coaches/Sports Directors,
Find attached the Summons for the 16th DStv National Independence Swimming Gala due from 7 - 8 October 2017, Kampala. We will confirm the Competition Pool.
Please confirm participation in the Gala by Monday 18 September 2017, by filling and returning the attached Form.
Please note further that -
1) Entry/Participation Fees will be a flat fee UGX 300,000/= for USF Members School/Institutions, while non-Member Schools will pay UGX 450,000/=. The Entry Fees should be paid not later than 2 October 2016.
2) Spectators will pay UGX 5,000/= per day. Schools are requested to collect.
3) The Team Managers' meeting will be held on 2 October 2017 at the UOC Offices, Lugogo starting at 5.30 pm.
Please fill out the attached Entry Forms are return them by 2 October 2017 as indicated in the attached Regulations.
Team Managers are reminded of the need to keep birth certificates/passport data pages of each Swimmers for Proof of birth, which has been added into the Competition Rules. You are urged to read the Competition Rules or seek clarification where things are not clear.
Donald RUKARE (Dr) - President
Moses B. MWASE - Secretary General
UGANDA SWIMMING FEDERATION